Most of us are too busy worrying about what parties we’re attending, gifts for our family and friends, the perfect decorations and food around the holidays, and we tend to neglect ourselves. I’ve rounded up some of my favourite party-season hair and beauty ideas to help you feel and look your best! One less thing to worry about, yay! Xo
- Smokey eyes: A dramatic, bronze/black smokey eye is sure to catch everyone’s attention! I like winging out the eyeshadow at the outer corners of my eyes and lining my waterline with a black kohl pencil for a more edgy look.
2. Rolled-up updo: If you’re wearing a strapless dress, consider rolling up your hair for an elegant evening look. I really like the retro and futuristic feel of this style!
3. Highlighter: One of my favourite beauty tips is to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. It really brightens up tired eyes! The key is to use a metallic shade that’s close to your complexion. Since my complexion is fair/olive, I use a champagne/gold colour (or just mix the two together).
4. Lashes, lashes, lashes!: They can be a pain to put on, but I can’t resist the look of these spidery, full lashes. For special occasions, I first curl my lashes, apply two coats of mascara from roots to tips and then glue some falsies at the outer corners of my eyes. I use both individuals and half lashes.
5. Blackberry stained lips: Not a look for the faint of heart, but it is divine! Apply an intense mulled-wine colour on your lips to make a bold statement and stand out from the crowd. I prefer matte lipsticks because as they fade, it softens to a beautiful stain.
If there’s one thing us ladies have in common, it seems to be this: We’re always on the hunt for the perfect lip balm. One that is rich in emollients (they boast Vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil) and that keeps our lips smooth and protected, especially during the winter months. My current favourite lip balms are EOS (Evolution of Smooth). Not only to they moisturize my lips, but they’re virtually impossible to lose because of their round, egg-like shape. They’re also addictive and I just might have one in every colour…oops!
They come in yummy flavours, too! For the holiday season, EOS released a limited edition 3-pack containing Sweet Mint (blue one), Pomegranate Raspberry (red one) and Vanilla Bean (white one). The Sweet Mint and Strawberry Sorbet are my favourites! For days when I need the extra protection, I like putting Vaseline on top of the EOS balms. I find it helps lock in moisture and ensures I don’t have to reapply the lip balm as often. Also great as a base for lipstick.
The new 3-pack makes a great gift for Secret Santa, as a stocking stuffer or a little add-on to an existing gift- and they’re affordable!!! Beauty on a budget? Count me in!
Here a few of the other colours/flavours they offer:
Sweet Mint, Lemon Drop, Summer Fruit, Pomegranate Raspberry, Strawberry Sorbet, HoneySuckle HoneyDew, Passion Fruit & Blueberry Potion
I use these balms whenever I can- in the morning, after I shower, before applying my makeup, before bed etc. I especially like applying them before bed because I wake up with super smooth lips!
- 100% natural flavour
- Smoothes on clear
- Petrolatum & paraben free
- Gluten free
- Phthalate free
- Not tested on animals