‘Tis the season to indulge…and indulge some more! My next few posts will be dedicated to my favourite, easy to follow holiday recipes that won’t break the bank!
Cream Cheese + brownie? PERFECT COMBO!!!! I first discovered this recipe in the Good Housekeeping Desserts book. Super easy to make, especially if you use a store-bought brownie mix. I love the marbled pattern, too!
You will need:
- Packaged chocolate fudge brownie mix and required ingredients
- 1 pckg cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F and grease a 9×13 baking pan thoroughly
- Prepare brownie batter as per package instructions
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract; blend on medium speed with electric mixer
- Pour 2/3rd of the brownie batter into the baking pan and smooth all over the bottom of the pan. Dot with large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top. Spoon the remaining brownie batter in between. Run a fork or knife through them in a swirl pattern to create a marbled effect (as displayed in the photo below)
- Bake for 28-30 minutes
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Note: Unlike your conventional brownies, this dessert will not keep at room temperature because of the cream cheese
Such pretty swirls, right? If you are a serious cheesecake lover, there is an alternative recipe made by adding a generous layer of cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter. If following the alternative recipe, remember to double the cream cheese mix. Easy to make and great for the holidays!